Job Title: Coordinator of Development & Marketing /Communications
Location: Tampa, FL
The Coordinator of Development & Marketing / Communications leads Mishkah University’s primary fundraising, marketing, and communication functions. This Coordinator participates in creating and executing the strategic vision, programmatic focus, and comprehensive fundraising and marketing plans to help carry out and implement Mishkah’s educational mission and achieve institutional growth through increased annual operating funds. The Coordinator of Development & Marketing / Communications reports directly to the Executive Director and will lead the effort towards greater innovation and sustainability. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and must advance Mishkah’s brand, visibility, and reputation with relevant and key stakeholders, as well as fuel broader public awareness and donor support. The candidate must possess and demonstrate superiority in leadership, communication, and creative problem-solving skills. The candidate must also understand and exhibit a commitment to Mishkah’s faith-based and educational values and principles, as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization. The Coordinator of Development & Marketing / Communications is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding major and minor gifts, and initiating, maintaining and growing donor relationships to maximize their long-term value and benefit to the organization. Most of the time is spent constantly prospecting the community for potential donors to maximize the donor base and to build support for Mishkah projects. The candidate must show commitment to Mishkah’s faith-inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide sound, energetic, and strategic leadership by setting ambitious but attainable targets that will stimulate institutional growth through increased annual operating funds and institutional branding and visibility.
- Identify, articulate, and establish overarching institutional vision and strategy related to marketing and development activities.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and strategic communication and fundraising plan to support Mishkah’s educational identity and strengthen awareness of the organization’s goals across key stakeholders and audiences.
- Create a communication, marketing, and development platform and strategy that will allow Mishkah leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relations with targeted, high-level external audiences, including key influencers.
- Develop and oversee a fundraising strategy that increases donor recognition, retention, and reach.
- Develop positive relations with donors, volunteers, organizations and the public in the region.
- Cultivate and solicit donations from individuals, groups and organizations.
- Respond to donor inquiries with accurate and timely information: secure donations from donors and provide them with relevant information.
- Work with donors to identify companies to recruit for the matching gift program.
- Develop relations with businesses for sponsorship opportunities.
- Plan, organize and facilitate fundraising activities (events, dinners, banquets, etc.)
- Recruit and engage with volunteers to organize and coordinate fundraising activities, as appropriate.
- Create new revenue sources through innovative approaches to fundraising as well as new business models.
- Schedule and deliver presentations to audiences of diverse backgrounds.
- Create the proper development and implementation of all Mishkah online and print communications including the annual report, newsletter, and marketing collateral media for physical dissemination and publication on the organization’s website, and social media platforms.
- Create a plan for grants and calendar of possible and upcoming applications and deadlines.
- Advise the Executive Director and CEO on all matters related to strategic communication and fundraising activities; ensure proper and regular communication regarding organizational developments.
- Continue to improve job-related skills through training, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, with progressive leadership experience in fund development and working with major donors, strategic community leaders, and community-based organizations, and stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in producing high-quality and effective annual reports, and fundraising solicitations to promote the work and underlying mission of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in leading and managing a comprehensive and strategic communications, marketing, and fundraising program to advance an organization’s mission and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively building, mentoring, and coaching a team.
- Innovative thinking, with a track record for translating strategic thinking and planning into actionable plans and output to achieve tangible results.
- Creative tact about how new media technologies and mediums can be utilized effectively; ability to make decisions in a rapidly changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to work and effectively lead a highly diverse community and partnership base in a sensitive and rapidly changing climate.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain effective and instrumental working relationships with high-level organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, public speaking and presentation skills in both English and Arabic languages.
- Demonstrated and consistent record of personal and professional conduct that promotes an inclusive climate and Mishkah values.
- Highly motivated and committed to Mishkah’s educational mission; ability to lead by example, with transparency and integrity that motivates staff at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experienced in working with grass-roots organizations and volunteers.
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be available to travel at least 70% of the time domestically with occasional international travel.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment, strong willingness to initiate deadlines and time frames for assignments and to follow up on all delegated activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have own means of transportation.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday (40 hours per week), and requires periodic evening and weekend work.
- Salary based on experience and qualifications
To apply you must send your resume to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject of your email.