36 hours over three months (two lectures a week, each lasts for 1.5 hours).
2. The Book of Study
Book 6 of “Your Bridge to Arabic” Series, which is the 1st publication of the Islamic
University on the subject of studying the Arabic language for non-native speakers.
3. Supplementary Tools of Study
- Pictures and diagrams.
- Video Recordings of Dialogue.
4. Language Skills Objectives
- Understanding and applying the grammatical rules concerning singular, dual nouns, male, female and taxsir plural nouns, the cases of verb kana and proposition inna and the like, prepositions, and verbs that do not subject to e’rab cases.
- Understanding and applying the morphological rule concerning exaggerative verbs, object nouns and preferring nouns.
- Understanding and applying the spelling rule concerning the hamzat qat’, hamzat wasl and middle hamza and their cases.
5. Methods of Evaluation and Assessment
- Skills exercises for listening, pronouncing, writing, Quranic recitation, alongside developing vocabulary and word structure during each class.
- Focusing on the exercises in the notebook – 15% of the grade.
- Classroom activities, participation, and attendance – 10% of the grade.
- Final exam – which is mostly an analytical exam – accounts for 75% of the grade.
Fees : $250